The Online Basic Program will start simultaneously with the residential program, in September 2018.
THE ONLINE BASIC PROGRAM PROVIDES STUDENTS WITH:
Students have access to:
- Texts and study material, accessible from the Online Learning Center website: http://corsi.iltk.org/
- Audio recordings of Geshe-la’s teachings -normally available the next day on the Online Learning Center
- Weekly recordings of the review classes by the BP Online tutor
- Weekly online self-evaluation (quiz) and an exam at the end of each subject
- Discussion forums for exchanging information, ideas and questions between students and the tutor
The teachings will be available in translation into Italian and English.
CONDUCT AND PRACTICE CRITERIA
In addition to the academic, meditation and retreat, and service requirements, the Basic Program includes a required standard of conduct and practice. Students should observe conduct that accords with Buddhist ethics and they are expected to practise awareness of positive and negative states of mind and to be developing the practice of patience and concern for others. This requirement was specifically added to the Basic Program by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
The tuition fees for the entire program and for individual subjects are as follows:
Monks and nuns are offered the Online Program free of charge as long as they participate fully in all aspects of the program, such as forums and quizzes, and write all exams.
You can apply for the entire Basic Program or for individual subjects.
Applications for the whole Basic Program are opened until July 31, 2018.
Applications for individual subjects must be done at least two weeks before the beginning of the subject. Please refer to the schedule>>
There are no formal prerequisites for entering the Basic Program, but a thorough basic understanding of the main Tibetan Buddhist concepts will be useful. Having completed an introductory program such as Discovering Buddhism or The Foundation of Buddhist Thought will make your BP studies more fruitful and enjoyable.
In order to apply, please fill in the online form and send via email the following documents to the ILTK Education Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum vitae with a short summary of your Dharma experience
- Motivation letter
- Before proceeding with your payment, please wait for confirmation of your registration from the ILTK Education Office. Thank you.
Please fill out the form
Basic Program Online has two kinds of certificates:
- a Completion Card for successful completion of individual subjects
- a Completion Certificate for successful completion of Basic Program Online
BP Online Completion Card
Online Basic Program students who would like to receive a BP Online Subject Completion Card are required to:
- Have done a minimum of two half-hour meditation sessions every week
- Have a behavior rooted in Dharma ethics, particularly practising to abstain from killing, stealing, lying, sexual misconduct (adultery) and using intoxicants, as explained in the BP Behavior and Conduct info sheet
- Practice mindfulness in relation to positive and negative mental states and in particular to develop the practice of patience and taking care of others.
BP Homestudy Completion Certificate
FPMT Education Services issues a BP Homestudy Completion Certificate to students who:
- Have successfully completed all nine curriculum subjects
- Have participated in the three-month final review
- Have passed the final exam
- Have completed a one-month lamrim retreat