THE RESIDENTIAL BP CONSISTS OF:
- Daily teachings with Geshe-la from Monday to Thursday
- Review classes
- Discussion groups
- Daily meditations
- Community service
- Weekly self-evaluation (quiz)
- Test at the end of each subject
- Short retreats
Students will be provided with study material such as translations of texts and commentaries, course materials such as charts, etc.
Residential students additionally have access to ILTK’s BP Online at the Online Learning Center website: corsi.iltk.org
The teachings will be translated from Tibetan into Italian and English.
CONDUCT AND PRACTICE CRITERIA
In addition to the academic, meditation and retreat, and service requirements, the FPMT Basic Program includes a required standard of conduct and practice. Students should observe conduct that accords with Buddhist ethics and they are expected to practise awareness of positive and negative states of mind and to be developing the practice of patience and concern for others. This requirement was specifically added to the FPMT Basic Program by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
The tuition fees for the entire program and for individual subjects are as follows:
For information regarding the availability of accommodation, please contact email@example.com
Please note: The accommodations for the Students are only available during the study period.
During the winter break and July /August the the costs will be as scheduled for that season!
You can apply for the entire FPMT Basic Program or for individual subjects.
Applications for the whole FPMT Basic Program are opened until July 31, 2023.
Applications for individual subjects must be done at least one and half month before the beginning of the subject.
There are no formal prerequisites for entering the FPMT Basic Program, but a thorough basic understanding of the main Tibetan Buddhist concepts will be useful. Having completed an introductory program such as Discovering Buddhism will make your BP studies more fruitful and enjoyable.
In order to apply, please fill in the online form and send via email the following documents to the ILTK Education Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum vitae with a short summary of your Dharma experience
- Reference letter from a qualified dharma teacher or a dharma center
- Motivation letter
- Self-certification of one’s economic situation (being able to sustain oneself for the entire study program)
Please fill out the form
The residential FPMT Basic Program has two kinds of certificates:
- a Completion Card for the completion of individual subjects
- a Completion Certificate for successful completion of the FPMT Basic Program
FPMT BASIC PROGRAM COMPLETION CARD
Residential FPMT Basic Program students who would like to have their BP Completion Card signed off for the subjects they have completed are required to:
– Fully participate in the teachings and review classes
– Pass all exams related to the specific subject
– Have done all the required meditation sessions
– Have participated in the community service of 5 hours per week
– Have practised in accordance with the BP behavior and conduct requirement
– Have abided by the rules of living and studying in a Dharma community as specified by ILTK
FPMT BASIC PROGRAM COMPLETION CERTIFICATE
FPMT Education Services issues a BP Completion Certificate to students who
– Have successfully completed all nine curriculum subjects
– Have participated in the three-month final review
– Have passed the final exam
– Have completed a three-month lamrim retreat, or three one-month lamrim retreats