The Online Basic Program will start simultaneously with the residential course, in September 2018.
Every week, students will be provided with study material accessible from the Online Study Center website: http://corsi.iltk.org/.
Students have access to:
- Texts and study material
- Weekly video/audio recordings of the review classes with the teaching assistant
- Weekly quizzes and online exams at the end of every subject
- Discussion forums for exchanging information, ideas and questions between students and the teaching assistant
- Weekend review classes at the Institute
After having logged in, students can download the material into their own computer.
Periodically, there will be a weekend review class with the teaching assistant (participation in these classes is optional).
The tuition fee covers the cost of these classes but not that of the food and accommodation.
All the students who successfully complete the entire study program will be given a BP Online Completion Certificate.
Teachings will be translated into Italian and English.
Information about the tuition fees for the entire program and for single subjects are as follows:
Monks and nuns are offered the Online Program free of charge as long as they participate fully in all aspects of the program, such as forums and quizzes, and write all exams.
Enrollment requests for the Online Basic Program will be accepted from 13th April 2015 (please remember that the residential study program will start September 17th 2015 and the recordings will be available via the Online Study Center the day after the teachings).
After having filled out the application form, please send via mail the following documents to the Education Office (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Curriculum vitae with a short summary of your dharma experience
- Motivation letter
before proceeding with the payment, please wait for the positive replay from Education Office. Thank you
Please fill out the form >>
The Online Basic Program has two kinds of certificates:
- an Online Completion Card indicating the completed subjects
- an Online Completion Certificate which attests that a student has successfully completed all the Basic Program components.
BP Online Completion Card
All Online Basic Program students who would like to receive the BP Online Completion Card are required to:
- pass all exams related to the specific subjects
- achieve a minimum of two half-hour meditation sessions every week for the entire duration of a specific subject (self-certification)
- have a behavior rooted in dharma ethics, particularly abstaining from: killing, stealing, lying, sexual misconduct (adultery) and using intoxicants.
- practice mindfulness in relation to positive and negative mental states and in particular to develop the practice of patience and take care of others.
BP Online Completion Certificate
The FPMT Education Services will give the BP Online Completion Certificate to all students who
- have completed all nine study subjects
- have passed the final exam
- have done a one-month lam-rim retreat